LIFE Kick-off meeting
A kick-off-meeting of LIFE project held on 31st January and 1st February 2019 at INS / Mozambique, the coordinator of the consortium.
Technical teams and representatives of the INS (Coordinator), LMU (Patner), MMRC (patner), IUEM (patner), CHAI (patner), EDCTP (Funder) and members of the Advisory Board (AB) were part of the kick-off-meeting.
The purpose of the meeting was to formally notify all team members, clients, and stakeholders of the beginning of the project and make sure everyone has a common understanding of the project regarding:
- Early Infant Diagnosis (EID)
- Paediatric ART
- LIFE Protocol
- Ethics Issues
- Cost effectiveness and others
Quality Training in Laboratories - Provincial Hospital of Chimoio / Mozambique
A training course on quality in laboratories took place between 01 and 05 July 2019 in Chimoio, for technicians from the Provincial Hospital of Chimoio, who will process the samples of the LIFE study.
The purpose of the training was:
- Train and certify laboratory technicians in matters of Good Clinical and Laboratory Practices (GCLP- Good Clinical and Laboratory Practices)
- Train and apply technicians in quality tools for the application of the activity continuous improvement (performance evaluation cards as well as identification, registration, monitoring and closing of non-conformities)
- Introduce, explain and describe tools related to the implementation and monitoring of the Internal Quality Control (Construction and interpretation of graphs Levey-Jennings) and External Quality Assessment (tools and panel testing Biochemistry and Hematology